Institut de recherche cliniques de Montréal
T 514 987-5647
Dr. Côté’s group focuses on understanding the role of the DOCK180/ELMO-Rac pathway in cell migration using biochemical, cellular, genetic and structural approaches. We are currently studying the molecular players involved in myoblast fusion during the formation of skeletal muscle in order to identify the biological mechanisms regulated through DOCK180/Rac. In addition, we are interested in understanding the molecular mechanisms controlling signaling by receptor tyrosine kinases in the induction of cell invasion and metastasis. In vivo models are used to study the role of AXL and HER-2 in the progression of breast cancer.
- Mélanie Laurin, Jennifer Huber, Ariane Pelletier, Tarek Houalla, Morag Park, Yoshinori Fukui, Benjamin Haibe-Kains, William J. Muller and Jean-François Côté. “The Rac-specific guanine nucleotide exchange factor DOCK1 is a critical regulator of HER2-mediated breast cancer metastasis”. (2013) P.N.A.S.; in revision.
- Yoran Margaron, Nadine Fradet, and Jean-François Côté. “ELMO recruits Actin Crosslinking Family 7 (ACF7) at the cell membrane for microtubule capture and stabilization of cellular protrusions”. (2013) J Biol Chem, 288(2), p1184-1199.
- Manishha Patel*, Yoran Margaron*, Nadine Fradet, Qi Yang, Brian Wilkes, Michel Bouvier, Kay Hofmann and Jean-François Côté. “An evolutionarily conserved autoinhibitory molecular switch in ELMO proteins regulates Rac signaling”. (2010) Current Biology, 20(22), p2021-2027.
- Jean-François Côté* and Kristiina Vuori*. “Cell Biology. Two Lipids That Give Direction.” (2009) Science, 324(5925), p346-347.
- Mélanie Laurin, Nadine Fradet, Anne Blangy, Alan Hall, Kristiina Vuori* and Jean-François Côté*. “The atypical Rac activator Dock180 (Dock1) regulates myoblast fusion in vivo” (2008) P.N.A.S., 105(40), p15446-15451.
- Jean-François Côté, Andrea B. Motoyama, Jason A. Bush and Kristiina Vuori. “A novel and evolutionarily conserved PtdIns(3,4,5)P3-binding domain is necessary for DOCK180 signalling” (2005) Nature Cell Biology, 7(8), p797-807.